Hi, my name is Dr. Paz Kobilov, Owner of KMA Dental Practice in Kingston Ontario. This month article focuses on how to achieve the healthiest teeth and gums possible for you and your loved ones. Rest assured, if you need a dentist in Kingston, please contact our office at 613.548.7963 and for any dental emergencies you can call us at 613.770.7963.
As you can imagine, not everyone is born with the knowledge of maintaining proper care for teeth and gums. There are things you should learn, and things you need to do, to keep your smile in good shape. That is why you will find the six tips below from KMA Dental Practice in Kingston Ontario helpful:
- Believe it or not, saliva is actually your teeth’s best friend! Natural saliva contains minerals, enamel-strengthening antibacterial properties and the power to neutralize acid. If you are a woman over the age of 50, menopause may be causing dry mouth, which, then leads to bad breath. Specially formulated dry mouth products can help to eliminate embarrassing odors caused by a lack of saliva.
- To keep your teeth looking their best and free of decay, visit your dentist regularly. Your hygienist can professionally clean away build-up of plaque and calculus that can harm the enamel of your teeth and may lead to gum disease in some cases, while your dentist can perform an oral exam that can detect and problems with your teeth or gums before they become a serious threat to your dental health.
- Sticky foods are terrible for teeth, but that isn’t just sugary gums or candies. In fact, bananas carry a ton of sugar and will stick to your teeth, leading to problems. French fries carry the same hazard, plus they come with unhealthy fats and tons of sodium. Try to avoid both if you can’t brush right after eating. The key is not amount of sugar you eat but time how long that sugar is in contact with your teeth. Frequency of sugary food consumption is the most important factor in causing the decay on teeth.
- Find a good health insurance with dental protection. The best plans will cover all your visits to the dentist, including two check-ups a year to get your teeth cleaned and inspected. If you can afford to, get a comprehensive policy for your entire family. Talk to your employer about benefits too.
- Finally, before visiting your dentist, write down a list of your concerns. At the dentist, it is easy to forget your questions and concerns. If you have a list, you can get all your questions answered. Your appointment is a perfect time to ask about dental hygiene or concerns you may have.
- Visit your dentists twice a year. One of the best things you can do to protect you teeth is to visit your dentist regularly. Your dentist can diagnose issues and keep your teeth healthy.
As you read above, you may not have an innate understanding of what you should do to care for your teeth and you come to realize by now, finding the best local dentist in Kingston Ontario can be very tough. Contact us today, we will love to have as a new patient. We offer free teeth whitening to all new patients valued over $300
Our experienced and talented dental team is committed to working with you and your family to create a comfortable, stress-free, and rewarding dental experience every time you visit our practice.
At my Dental Practice, we help our patients with:
Cosmetic Dentistry, Dental Implants, Emergency Dentist, Family Dentistry, Oral Surgery, Teeth Extraction, Teeth Whitening, Root Canal Treatment, General Dentistry and many more.
Contact Us Today: (613) 548-7863 to make an appointment
Our Dental Practice Is Located At: 800 Princess Street, Suite 306. Kingston, ON K7L 5E4